Postgres-XC, read/write-scalable multi-master symmetric cluster based on PostgreSQL, version 1.0.1 has been released today.
This minor release is based on the latest PostgreSQL 9.1.5+alpha, meaning that all the patches in PostgreSQL 9.1 stable branch have been merged up to commit d10ddf4 (3rd of September 2012).
You can download the source tarball directly from here. Like PostgreSQL, this tarball contains all the HTML and man documentation.
The documentation of 1.0, including release notes, is available here.
Around 20 bugs have been fixed since 1.0.0, with in particular those fixes:
- Applications like pgadmin had problems to connect to Postgres-XC servers
- Drop of sequence was not managed correctly when its database was dropped
You can find all the details in the release notes here.
The project can be followed on Source Forge: And a couple of GIT repositories are used for development:
- Twitter: @PostgresXCBot, bot giving tweets about the commits in Postgres-XC GIT repository
The project members are currently working hard on the next version of Postgres-XC that will include those features:
- triggers (being implemented)
- Merge with PostgreSQL 9.2 code (already committed)
- RETURNING, WHERE CURRENT OF (being implemented)
- Insure consistency of utilities that cannot run inside transaction block (ex: CREATE DATABASE safely insured in multiple nodes, being implemented)
- Change table distribution type with ALTER TABLE (already committed)
- Support for cursors (already committed)
- Stuff related to node addition and deletion
- and other things…
The project is under the same license as PostgreSQL, and is managed under a single entity called “Postgres-XC Development Group”.
Have fun with this stable release.